Getting Your Home Ready to Sell: 10 Things You Can Do
Selling your home can be an overwhelming experience. When you aren't sure where to start prepping your house, nothing helps more than a checklist. Here are 10 basics to help you get started.
1. Find a fantastic realtor- I know a great one!
2. Take a look at your curb appeal- If it's not quite up to par, just adding some colorful flowers can make a big difference.
3. Declutter and depersonalize - You want potential buyers to be able to imagine themselves living in your home, so freeing up space for them to fill in with their imaginations is a great way to do that.
4. Repaint with neutral colors - It will be harder for people to hate a neutral color. That one bathroom you just had to paint pink can really put some people off.
5. Fix up the little things - Scuff marks and loose handles are examples of things to make sure are clean and fixed up. When a potential buyer sees little things that are broken or scuffed, their mind can start looking for other things wrong with the home. You want your house to look well cared for.
6. Add some plant life - A little greenery can make your home feel a lot more welcoming.
7. Do a smell test - You may be nose blind to some of the smells of your house so it may be a good idea to have someone come to give it a little sniff. That way you can ensure you have the freshest house on the block.
8. Clean, clean, clean - Enough said.
9. Hide you valuables - When you have strangers walking your home you have no control over the tings they may open or go through to ensure the house is in good shape, so hide anything of value you don't want messed with.
10. Consider staging - If you look around and find that your house might not look as modern as you'd like, or if you don't know how to organize what you have in a way to best show off your space, it may be a good idea to get a professional stager involved to help guide you.